Population Health Management
C.-E.A. Winslow, founder of the Yale Department of Public Health, defined population health as: “the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life, and promoting health through the organized efforts and informed choices of society, organizations, public and private communities, and individuals.” OnlineCare mobile platform provides the capabilities for real time connectivity to manage a “defined” population as an intervention tool and prevent any significant care delivery issues before it leads to acute care management. Hence, keeping the population healthy, preventing diseases and prolonging life. In addition, our integrated medical devices can monitor multiple care related data real-time.
The key to a successful population health management is
1) Access to Care / Care Coordinators.
2) Patient engagement and community integration
3) Map services to population need
4) Overcome non-clinical barriers to maximize health outcomes
5) Integrate patient’s values into the care plan
6) Use community stakeholders to connect patients with high-value resources.
OnlineCare is designed to provide “Access”, “Care Coordination”, “Remove Barriers”, “Integrate Patient Values” & “Engage in Care Delivery”. Having the access to care in the palm of their hands, integrated with medical devices and any EMR, population health management strategy becomes more robust with OnlineCare technological agnostic platform.